RULES FOR ENTERTAINMENT RACING
Start Boat situations - here
Mark situations - here
ISAF rule (2013-2016)
Unfortunately, the Host must intervene and remedy violations. The rules on Lacy.se races are based on ISAF 2013-2016 - with obligatory changes – see point. D-F below.
The VSK 5 game is based on older rules before 2009, unfortunately it's necessary to compromise.
All cancel is forbidden, except the one in description below
(17.1 and 16.1)
All pen cancel request must be answered, at once or soon as possible!
If you receive a forbidden request - you must refuse it immediately!
If you do not answer a penalty cancel request - you can be kicked (even if you should have refused it)!
OBS! - Do not give wrong cancels!
- If cancel pen - not allowed, both boats in situation will be kicked, or banned if happens twice or more.
- If you do not give cancel for situation A-B, see below - the boat will probably be banned or kicked, even in situation described in p. 3- below.
- If you received more then one penalty request and accidently wrong boat receive cancelation, it will be accepted, also if right boat received the cancel in time. Otherwise both boats will be kicked. - The boat who did wrong penalty cancel request will always be kicked.
- If a boat receives 2 penalties at same time, and one is Rule 17.1 or 16.1, and penalty request for wrong rule in chat, it will be accepted - But the boat that give wrong cancel can be kicked. Wrong request is accepted in this situation - but not penalty cancel given for wrong rule - if not p.3 situation.
Obligatory penalty cancels
- Cancelation must be given for rule 17 - but only at start line for 16.1:
A. Penalty by rule 17.1. (in ISAF, the Rule is No 17)
- One exception is a call: “R17“ announced in chat before the penalty 17.1 is given (if the leward boat sailing over closed hauled course). In that case:
- not the first but all later penalty by Rule 17.1 must be cancelled even if new "R17" calls in chat - or overlap is broken. The situation can only be broken to a new situation by gybing or rounding a mark from downwind to upwind.
All who received a 17.1 penalty is always free to ask for penalty cancellation, and all is always free to cancel 17.1 - in all kinds of situations.
*B. Penalty 16.1, given at start line - must be cancelled
*C. ALL penalty cancel request for rule 16.1 who not is a "start line situation" - is on your judgment to be refused or granted.
OBS! - Rule 17 apply even in a mark-zone!
Compromise in the ISAF-rules.
D. The mark circle in ISAF rules is changed to 2 boat length, as Nadeo game older rules shows. You must follow the ISAF rules, even in cases where it's different to Nadeo Rules.
E. When receive a penalty, given from Nadeo, who is not allowed to cancel – a rule has been broken, and must be accepted by a 360 turn, even if there was no contact or the penalty received because of others fault! This rule is "the basic rule" when the race is for fun.
F. RTT tack, rule 20.2 do not apply inside 4 boat lenght from mark - Rule 20.1 is NOT allowed inside 4 boat lenghts of mark, if obstruction is a starboard boats fetching it. Rule 20.2 do not apply inside 4 boat lenghts of mark, and a boat shall not answere a RTT-request there. If doubt on the border of 4 boat lenght estimate that the boat was inside with these right's.
A player who is broken, or not accepting rules - can be kicked, banned and even blk-listed when justified. The host has always the rights to make judgement for bad situations and against a bad behave and right to kick or ban players who not will follow or accepting the rules.
So let's go and have some fun - with all rules accepted / Lazy.se
P.S. Please read the ISAF definition of "mark-room". The rights are not so wide as many sailors believe!
All rules are written to integrated with each other and collaborate in purpose for maximum safety, fairness and protection.